Monday, March 7, 2011

Harvest Monday March 7

This week we harvested more of the bok choy. Matt made appetizers stuffed with bok choy, mushrooms and rice. Very yummy, but who thought of taking pictures?

I also thinned the greens in the side yard and tossed the tender little leaves with some pasta and sliced chicken. It was good, too, but not very pretty and also didn't get a picture.


This week's harvest brings my total up to 30 oz of greens for 2011. Pretty much all of it comes from a 3'x4' patch planted in November, when we first got the garden fence up. Not bad, I think. That will be the last for that particular patch, though, since I'm saving the rest of the plants for seed.
In more exciting news, my first SSE order came today, with the long-awaited oca. My phone camera does not do it justice. This is Red Bolivian, and I will plant it as soon as I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment